Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Simplicity 2258

Yesterday afternoon I made Simplicity 2258, what a comfy and easy summer skirt! It took me just a few hours, and that included making and inserting my own lining. I think there will be more of these in my future!


The pockets are nice and big, and also loose enough to actually hold things without looking like I'm growing a goiter out of my pelvis. Yay!


I really love the bow belt that covers the front. It hides the elastic waist nicely, at least from the front!


I added 2 inches to the back half of the skirt and skirt lining (pats self on the back). Good move Martha, good move.

The best part is that this fabric was only $3/yard, so this skirt cost less than $6 to make. Definitely under $10 if you factor in the lining, thread, and elastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment