Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kitchen Hutch Re-Do

Inspired by the blog Better After, Andy and I bought this hutch on Craigslist for not much at all. I needed a place to store my baking supplies all in one place and stay organized, without these extras taking over our food pantry or being stacked in Rubbermaid tubs in the dining room. I don't especially love wood-grain furniture or the visibility that's going on in the top half of this cabinet, so...


We painted it aqua and swapped the metal grate for solid wood. We also switched the old handles for new crystal knobs!



Then Andy took me to the Container Store (which I'd been avoiding, fearing organizational addiction), and we found lots of goodies for the inside! I used a desktop hanging file, turned sideways, to store my baking-specific cook books, 6 clear shoe boxes and 6 clear accessory boxes to store everything from cookie cutters and candy sprinkles to KitchenAid attachments, measuring cups, and food coloring. I have a turn table for bottles: corn syrup, molasses, olive oil, etc. Some bins for flour, sugar, and other random baking ingredients. I have some drawer organizers to hold frosting spatulas (what are those called?) and my rolling pin. I also grabbed a half shelf for the bottom to double my baking dish storage. Here is the final product:



Can't you just hear the angels singing? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment