I started this dress in May to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding in September. When she said "pick any dress" I knew just the one I wanted to wear, but I was so afraid to mess up.
I gathered my supplies and carefully began cutting the fabric. Surprisingly, this wasn't as difficult or slippery as I imagined. I added 5" length to the skirt.
Sewing also came along more easily than I expected! This wasn't such a difficult task at all, just labor intensive.
I did get a little worried about sewing the monster hem on this, but I got a little expert advice from the alterations ladies at work and it ended up only taking me about an hour to hem all three layers.
I also added a double bustle and hand crocheted the loops, but Andy accidentally stepped on the little that was still dragging so I ended up holding the train all night.
So many compliments on this dress from guests who couldn't believe that I made it, which I think is the highest compliment a sewist can receive!