Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kate Dress

Here is the start of my Kate dress! I need to finish it by April 29 to wear to a Royal Wedding watching party! I made a mistake when I took it up in the shoulders a little too soon, so I'm frusterated now with the way the bodice sits too high. I've been hatching a plan in my head to fix it and I hope it works, because I'd also like to wear this dress for Andy's grad school graduation on May 7th! I don't have a picture of it on me yet, because the last time I tried it on I got stuck in it and had to have Andy pull it off over my head because I couldn't move. Oopsies!

Left to do:
* Install a side zipper (yuck)
* Fix shoulder issue (double yuck)
* Fix waist wrap issue (so yuck that it isn't even photographed)
* Hem the skirt and sleeves

Duplicating pattern tissue


Laying out pieces on a diagonal to match fabric grain


Staystiched bodice pleats


Preliminary mannequin fitting. Doesn't the bodice lay nicely? Dumb, dumb, dumb, I shouldn't have "fixed" the shoulders. Urg.


No comments:

Post a Comment