Monday, April 18, 2011

Kate Dress Fixes!

Last weekend I forced myself to take apart my Kate dress and fix my mistakes. It didn't turn out so badly! I had to take apart the side seams and the shoulder seams. Then I inserted a 2" panel into each shoulder to lengthen the bodice, which fixed my first mistake. Then I removed the waist wrap and removed 1/2 of the fabric from each wrap layer since it was waaay to thick in the waist. Then I gathered the narrow ends of the outer wrap pieces so they would look "wrapped" when they pull across the body. Then I could sew the right side closed. I tried it on and pinned the left side in place. MUCH better!


Now I'm in a fight with the left side as I attempt to insert the zipper. I WILL win. Just not today.


After the zipper fight, I'll have to fit the sleeve width and hem the sleeves and skirt. I can do this by April 29th, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment