Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Garden Clean Up

I decided awhile ago that this fall, I would have to tear everything out of the garden and start over fresh. New soil, plant food, and some crucial plant dividing and re-arrangement.

I divided my daylilies and irises, which took a bit of work. I moved the peonies into the sun, the hydrangea out of the sun, rhubarb into the sun, and daylilies out of the sun because, let's be honest - who cares if they even bloom? Not me! They aren't my favorite among the flower species that make their home in my yard.

(L-R): lilac in the back, daylilies in front, tons (!!!) of irises, balloon flower, more daylilies, and an azalea that isn't in the picture.

Rhubarb on top and daylilies in front, along with my random little "tomato that could." I just couldn't rip him out yet.
(L-R): daylilies, hydrangea, rose, irises (100?!?!), rose, peonies, lilies of the valley, and lilac.

This all took me about 8 hours. I can't move my body.


No comments:

Post a Comment